Didn't I say recently that I was going to make an effort to post more often? I wish I could say my failure to do so was due to my spending hours on end in the garden each of the last 10 days. I've actually spent more time inside than out, highly unusual for me at this time of year. Looking back at my ten year garden journal, here's excerpts from my entries:
- November 4th: Cloudy & humid. Replanted Reggae Time agaves because they were rotting. Put them in small pots on DR patio. [That was all I did that day.]
- November 5th: Worked in back, spread pea gravel beside pond ... manure/compost/humus in River Birch bed. Feeling out of sorts, not enjoying my time in the garden.
- November 6th: Come ON - when is it going to feel like fall again?
- November 7th: Weather a bit cooler, very sunny. Worked in rose bed and along DL bed.
- November 8th: Clear and cool at 8 a.m. First flock of geese today! Worked in back ... Worked on streetside vitex/pruned. [I was out most of that day, I remember that, because it was so lovely.]
- November 9th: Arbor Gate with Mom. 2 Salvia regla, 1 Anthony Parker Salvia/lavender (why did I let salesclerk talk me into that?), 1 Stokesia, 1 Purple Woods Aster, 2 Mexican Oregano, 1 Clerodendrum Musical Notes ...
- November 10th: Raining at 8, started up again later. ... Rained most of afternoon. No gardening today.
- November 11th: Unpleasantly warm & humid. Sun in & out. No rain as of 3 pm here.
- November 12th: Major storms from midnight till 3 am or so.
The pictures are of my Neon Rose Amaryllis. Purchased on October 25th and planted on the 27th, the first blooms opened on November 10th, exactly two weeks after planting.